Thursday, October 16, 2008

Will you sponsor me? Tour de Cove, October 26, 2008!

Dear friends,

I am so excited to be presenting at the Tour de Cove in San Diego in about 10 days, on October 26th. I was scheduled to present last year but unfortunately due to the devastating wildfires in and around San Diego county this time last year, the event was canceled at the last minute.

So now I am doubly excited! I spoke with Johnny G, the originator of the Spinning program, last week and he says this is one of the most inspirational event he's ever experienced, and in fact, it was this event a few years ago that inspired him to create his new product and program, the Krankcycle (more on that in a few days). Johnny will be there with his Krankcycles, and I'll be sharing the stage with none other than one of the original Master Spinning Instructors Mike Michaels, and Jim Karanas, long time instructor and owner of Club One in California.

It's a 4.5 hour ride, and I'll be presenting for 90-minutes from 10:30 to 12:00. My session will be a combination of 3 of my popular sessions from past conferences: Moving Mountains, Alpe d'Huez and The Secret.  The theme will be on overcoming adversity, getting rid of excuses and achieving goals. 

All proceeds from the event go to support the Challenged Athletes Foundation, which raises money to help people with physical disabilities pursue an active lifestyle through physical fitness and competitive athletics. 

I would love your support! I think you know that it brings me great joy to provide this material for you in this blog, with the goal to help instructors around the world increase their self-confidence and expand their repertoire of cueing, coaching, music and profiles. Here is a small way that you can give back! But not to me - give just a little to help these amazing and inspirational athletes. Click here to donate to this event in my name.  Even just a little will help! 

I thank you all so much for your contribution, and I'll have plenty of pictures and stories after the event.

OH! And if you live anywhere within a half-day's drive of San Diego, you should not miss this event! Please come by and introduce yourself. 

No comments: